Shadow Bodies: Black Women, Representation, Ideology and Politics (Rutgers University Press, forthcoming)
Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2009. Black women, cultural images, and social policy. New York: Routledge. (Published in paperback (2010)
- 2010 Anna Julia Cooper Outstanding Book Publication Award, Association for the Study of Black Women in Politics.
- 2009 W. E. B. Dubois Best Book Award, National Conference of Black Political Scientists.
Jennings, James and Jordan-Zachery, Julia (eds). 2010. Urban spaces: Planning and struggling for land and community. Lanham, MD: Lexington Press.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia, and Seltzer, Richard. 2012. Responses to affirmative action: Is there a question order affect? The Social Science Journal, 49 (2): 119-126.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2009. Making fathers: Black men’s response to fatherhood initiatives. Journal of African American Studies, 13(3): 199-218.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2008. A declaration of war: An analysis of how the invisibility of Black women makes them targets of the War on Drugs.” Journal of Women, Politics & Policy, 29(2): 231-259.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2007. Let men be men: A gendered analysis of Black ideological response to familial policies. National Political Science Review, 11: 177-192.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2003. The female bogeyman: Political implications of criminalizing Black women. Souls: A Critical Journal of Black Politics, Culture, and Society, 5(2): 42-62.
Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2013. Now you see me, now you don’t: My political fight against the invisibility of Black women in intersectionality research. Politics, Gender and Identities, 1 (1): 101-109. Among the most cited and most read articles (as of November 2013).
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2012. Blogging at the intersections: Black women, identity, and lesbianism. Politics & Gender, 8: 405-414
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2007. Am I a Black woman or a woman who is Black? A few thoughts on the meaning of intersectionality. Politics & Gender, 3(2): 254-263. Among the top 50 articles downloaded.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2004. Reflections on mentoring: Black women and the academy.” PS: Political Science & Politics, 37: 875-880.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2001. Black womanhood and social welfare policy: The influence of her image on policy making.” Sage Race Relations Abstract. 26(3): 5-24.
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2013. Black women occupying the academy: Merging critical mothering and mentoring to survive and thrive. In Laboring positions: Back women, mothering, and the academy, edited by Sekile Nzinga-Johnson. (Demeter Press Toronto, Canada).
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2007. The female bogeyman: Political implications of criminalizing Black women” (reprint). In Racializing justice, disenfranchising lives: The racism, criminal justice, and law reader, edited by Manning Marable, Ian Steinberg and Keesha Middlemass. (New York: Palgrave Macmillan). pp. 101-121
- Jordan-Zachery, Julia. 2006. The war on drugs and welfare policy: The impact of their intersection on Black women in urban America. In The Black Urban Community, edited by Gayle T. Tate and Lewis A. Randolph, (New York: Palgrave/Macmillian). pp. 268-282.